Pyrmont Skin Care: Are you looking after your skin?
Did you know that the skin is the largest organ in the body? It weighs about 3.5 kg and covers about 2 square meters! No wonder it’s imperative to look after this waterproof and insulating shield. Here are 5 skin care tips to ensure your skin is as healthy as possible.
- Keep your skin hydrated – The weather and our environment can cause the skin to become dehydrated, so be sure to drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day.
- Get plenty of sleep – Skin cell regeneration is when the dry, dead skin cells our skin constantly sheds, are replaced with new skin cells. At night this occurs at a slightly faster rate, so make sure you’re having a good 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Eat a balanced diet of healthy foods – Heard the expression “you are what you eat?” This also applies to our skin. The skin is the largest organ in the body, what we put into our body not only affects the internal, but it shows on the external as well. See your dietician for more details on the best foods for your body.
- Take care while in the sun – Our body does need vitamin D from the sun, but we need to be careful while exposed to it. Make sure you apply sunscreen, or wear a make-up with a good sun protection factor.
- Maintain a good skin care regime – Cleanse, Tone & moisturise daily, exfoliate 1-2 times a week and have regular facials to deeply cleanse and nourish the skin. Skin Juice recommends a daily regime that will help cleanse, repair, balance and protect the skin. For more information on their range of products, visit their website: www.skinjuice.com.au